Published And/Or Accepted – Scholarly Journals
- Everstine, K., Spink, J. and Kennedy, S. (In Press). Analysis of Food Fraud and Economically Motivated Adulteration Incidents, Journal of Food Protection, Volume XXX, Number XXX, pp. XXX-XXX.
- Spink, J. and Moyer, DC. (2013) Understanding and Combating Food Fraud, Food Technology magazine, Volume 67, Number 1, pp 30-36.
- Spink, J. & Fejes, Z, (2012) Review of Reports Quantifying the Economic Impact of Counterfeiting and Piracy, International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice, Volume 36 (Number 4), p. 249-271.
- Moore, J, Spink, J, and Lipkus, M. (2012). Development and Application of a Database of Food Ingredient Fraud and Economically Motivated Adulteration from 1980 to 2010, Journal of Food Science, Volume 77 (Number 4), p. R118-R126.
- Spink, J, and Moyer, DC, (2011) Defining the Public Health Threat of Food Fraud, Journal of Food Science, Volume 75 (Number 9), p. 57-63.
- Spink, J., Singh, J. and Singh, S. (2011), Review of Package Warning Labels and Their Effect on Consumer Behavior with Insights to Future Anti-counterfeit Strategy of Label and Communication Systems. Packaging Technology and Science, Volume 24, Issue 8, p: 469–484.
- Spink, J (2011).The Challenge of Intellectual Property Enforcement for Agriculture Technology Transfers, Additives, Raw Materials, and Finished Goods against Product Fraud and Counterfeiters, Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, Volume 16, March 2011, p. 183-193.
- Spink, J, Helferich, O K, and Griggs, J, (2010). Combating the Impact of Product Counterfeiting: Defining the Growing Risk to Supply Chain Cost and Service Performance [Refereed Article], Journal of Distribution Business Management. Volume 10, Number 1, p. 63-67.
Published And/Or Accepted – Chapters, Books, Book Reviews, and Reports
- Spink, J. (In Press) Food Adulteration, Encyclopedia of Food Safety, (Referred)**
- Spink, J. (2012). Chapter: Import Risks of Food Fraud. In Ellefson, W.; Zach, L.; Sullivan, D., Improving Food Import Safety. Published by Wiley-Blackwell in conjunction with the Institute of Food Technologists, London, ISBN: 0813808774.
- Spink, J (2012). Overview of the Selection of Strategic Authentication and Tracing Programmes. In Albert Wertheimer and Perry Wang (Eds.), Counterfeit Medicines: Volume I. Policy, Economics, and Countermeasures, (pp. 111-128), Hertfordshire, United Kingdom: ILM Publications, a trade division of International Labmate Ltd., ISBN 9781906799083
- Hennessey, M, Busta, F, and Spink, J. (2011). Chapter: Food Factory Design to Prevent Deliberate Product Contamination. In Hygiene Control in the Design, Construction and Renovation of Food Processing Factories, Editors: J Holah, Campden BRI, and H L M Lelieveld Woodhead Publishing, ISBN: 9781845695644
- Spink, J, (2011). Chapter: Food Protection and Food Fraud – Enabling a Shift to Prevention: A Sino-American Perspective, Book: The Path to Global Food Safety: A China Perspective, Editors: Richard Gilmore, R. and Lu, J., Global Food Safety Forum (GFSF), Washington, DC, ISBN: TBD, 2011.
- Spink, J, Chapter: The Counterfeit Product Threat, In Kennedy, L.W. and McGarrell, E.F., Crime and Terrorism Risk – Studies in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Taylor & Francis, ISBN: 9780415991827, 2011.
- Spink, J, Chapter: Case Study: Product Counterfeiting. In Kennedy, L.W. and McGarrell, E.F., Crime and Terrorism Risk – Studies in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Taylor & Francis, ISBN: 9780415991827, 2011 (Refereed)*#
- Book Review – Embracing the Business of Sustainability, Journal of Applied Packaging, Volume 3 (Number 2) April 2009.